Even a King must Acknowledge his Subjects

 Sometimes we fail to look back on things, and it hits us far too late; so much so that we wish we could go back in time and thank those who helped us become who we are today. The constant battle called life takes a toll on us, and those who fight alongside us deserve credit for their efforts. 


I dedicate this poem to Meth Sithum Yahampath, for whom I created this prose all by myself:

Roses are red

Violets are blue 

Thank you so much

For being my boo


A round of applause would not be enough for the burden you took up of being my comrade. Working alongside me is quite difficult, and I commend you for trying to keep up. Unfortunately, it will only become more difficult as we rise through the ranks of life. 


Another individual worthy of my praise would be myself of course. Without me, I would not have been able to go anywhere in life, falling short of the expectations I put for myself. Thank you, me, for being a soldier through the difficult times and not letting go when I needed you. Your contributions are numerous, and they shall be seen in the history books when our army invades the world. Truly we will live like kings, and have our grand feast when this is all over. 


Although it seems I may not acknowledge my classmates, I must congratulate them as well. For Sydney, Deepti, Akul, Srihari, Audry, Isabel, Hailey, Angelina, Elizabeth, Meth, Angelina, Krish, Rhea, Ingrid, Vidhi, Eva, Victoria, Om, Catherine, Karen(Lily), Aleena, Julia, Shambhavi, Sparsh, Veeksha, Ruthesh, and Charlotte, I give my full appreciation. Without your presence, I am nothing but an isolated brute. Each and every one of you is my superior in one way or another, and I take pride in being able to learn from the best there is in their respective fields. For example, take Meth. Without reading your atrocious writing, I would not have been able to improve my own essay creations. You are truly my superior in failed writings. Thank you for that.


Ultimately, you would think that my utmost thanks would go to my parents, but that would be preposterous. While I appreciate my conceptors, I truly must commend the doctor who was there at my birth. Thank you for making sure nothing went wrong in the process. I will remember you when I become president. 


Comments

Popular Posts